So, the Saturday before Kathryn was born Josh and Kenny went to the ski resort to ride the lift up and bike down. This was the first bike trip of the season. I was at my mom's house at the time I received a call from Kenny that Josh had been in an accident and broke his wrist. I found out later he got stuck between some rocks and went over the handle bars, catching himself with his hand. I went to InstaCare to meet up with the boys and found Josh all wrapped up from elbow to hand, luckily on his left arm. We've been through breaking the right hand before and that is definitely no fun as Josh is right handed. Anyway, ski patrol had patched him up before Kenny drove home. We got in and had some x-rays. Both forearm bones, the radius and ulna, had compressed into his wrist bones and fractured. He had also broken the rotator bone of the wrist (the one that pokes out.) So surgery was scheduled. Dr. H. is getting to know us very well. He's the same doctor who pinned together Josh's ring finger after he shattered it in 2006. Lucky for me... I delivered Kathryn while Josh was passed out on a couch from his pain medication. Wednesday, June 11 Kat and I were released from the hospital. I took her to my mom's house and then went to the orthopedic hospital to pick up Josh from his surgery. Talk about double duty!! All complaining aside, it was nice to have Josh home for six weeks to help with the kids, even though diaper changing was not possible while wearing a cast. He had to have planned that...
No comments:
Post a Comment